Shower Screens and Mirrors
Shower screens and mirrors are manufactured with tempered or laminated glass which ensures safety in wet slippery environments such as bathrooms. If broken, the glass will either shatter into very small non jagged pieces or be held together with a plastic laminated sheet. This will ultimately reduce the chance of severe cuts and injury.
As an optional extra, we can apply Enduro Shield which is a protective, invisible coating that repels water, soap scum and grime.
It is effective in the long term maintenance of shower and mirror surfaces because of its repelling properties. Enduro Shield is revolutionary as it ensures that shower or bath enclosure glass remains as clean and shiny as the day it was bought, with the least possible effort.
- Once only application
- Helps prevent harmful bactiria buildup
- Promotes a germ free environment
- Superior glass protection against harmful corosive effects of hard water, soap scum and chemicals
- Reduces the need to surface clean by up to 90%
The safest cleaner for a mirror or shower screen is clean, warm water used with a soft cloth. An approved glass cleaner such as Windex or similar products may be used. Be careful not to allow the edges of the mirror to get or remain wet over a period of time.
- Do not use any acid or alkali cleaners. They can attack both the surface and edges as well as the backing of the mirror. And never use an abrasive cleaner on any glass surface.
- Do not use cleaners with heavy ammonia bases. These too can damage mirror edges and backing and result in a ruined mirror.
- Never spray any cleaner directly on to a mirror. Instead, apply the cleaner to a soft cloth and then wipe the mirror. This will also prevent "puddling" at the mirror edge where the cleaner could attack the backing.
- Always use soft, grit-free cloths when cleaning a mirror to reduce chances of scratching the surface.
- Be sure to dry all joints and edges thoroughly to be certain no cleaner comes in contact with the edge and backing.
- Routine cleaning maintenance can be accomplished simply and effectively by washing, rinsing and drying the mirror and shower screen.